Bee- 6 weeks

Ack! I have a 6 week old baby! Crazy pants.

Stats:
Weight: Just over 10 pounds
Length: Um...long. We haven't measured her but she's almost too long for 0-3 month clothes.
Favorite thing: Toss up between her swaddler and her paci- give her both and it's bliss.
New & exciting: Smiles some, talks a little.... we're dying for more!

We have been extremely lucky with a mostly calm and non-fussy baby. She's driven me to tears a couple times with refusing to sleep. She's content to mostly sleep in her bassinet in her room. Provided that she's swaddled and her sleep sheep set on ocean noises is going for 45 minutes. Do not try to switch the sleep sheep to the shorter 30 minute cycle because you start dreaming you're swimming and drowning. That is not acceptable. If she runs off to be a marine biologist and leaves me here in the desert all alone I will have no one to blame but myself.

Bee also loves her sling but is so freaking long I have to order a new one. She still has a mostly hate relationship with her car seat. We're slowly getting better though. She likes to have someone in the back seat with her to man her paci. Little diva. Usually she'll scream her bloody head off when Mommy's by herself in driving somewhere. She likes to be especially difficult when she can separate a weak one from the herd and go in for the kill.

She also loves her swing although we have been able to wean her slowly from only sleep in the swing. I got tired of sleeping on the couch after 4 weeks with the symphony of the squeaking swing, the snoring cat and the grunting baby keeping me up during my precious few minutes of sleep. If she wouldn't sleep in that bassinet I would have moved her swing into her room because damn it I missed my bed!

I only have six more weeks of maternity leave and I am loving being home with Bee. Of course my favorite times are when James is off work. I love the family unit time with us watching the Today Show in the morning and drinking coffee together. I want it to go on forever!

Comments

Kat said…
Love love love!!! So happy for your sweet little family. Now if only I could manage to figure out an excuse to come visit...

Popular Posts