Showering Love

This past Saturday my close friends threw me a gorgeous baby shower! I continue to be overwhelmed with the love and support poured out on my by those closest to me. My shower was masterminded by the party fabulous Alexis and the craft-tastic Candy with the assistance of Lacey and Anna. With the dream team of shower planners they put together the most wonderful shower I've ever been to!

A ton of friends pitched in to make some great food and I had a great time chatting with everyone that came. There was some advice on life after baby and generally a lot of talk about tiny people clothes. Because what's more fun when you're having a girl than clothes?!

We decided on an activity instead of shower games and Alexis came up with onsie making. Candy was able to cut out gorgeous decals on her big shot crafty thingy and we put some iron on stuff on the back to make them stick. With some buttons, ribbons and fabric pens thrown in it was a storm of creativity.

The finished products were just lovely and our little girl will be proudly sporting these sylin duds around town.

I was totally under prepared for the amount of gifts! I knew from registering that babies come with a ton of stuff but by golly it's a lot! I loved all the little baby clothes as well as the practical things that will make life so much easier once she gets here.

As you can see I insisted on wearing heels..... I'm just too short to not wear them with a dress. I don't want to look huge and close to the ground at the same time. My feet doubled in size and were purple by the end of the shower- just so we don't have any pregnancy fairy illusions that this was a breeze.

My lovely friend Melissa is a first rate photographer offered to take some photos at the shower and they are just the most amazing shower photos ever! She even had the sweet idea of taking some of my mom and me.

As you can see it's a little emotional! I do not appreciate that I am getting a double chin these days. I've been pleased this whole pregnancy not to have weight to go my face. I fear we've reached the end of this road. But only 5 short weeks until I'm full term and then a max of 9 more if she cooks until the timer goes off! Time to set up all these awesome baby gifts and wait on her arrival.






Comments

Popular Posts