Seattle!
Our 3rd Annual Girls Trip was to Seattle this year. Its our second time to go to Seattle....we just can't get enough. We arrived to.....sun? Hum... funny. After our wonderful host Michelle picked us up from the airport she took us for some delish Mongolian. We spent the night catching up and having girl time.
On our first full day it was sunny and beautiful. We decided to go for a "light" hike. Our tour guide Michelle took us to Mt. Peak where we met my friend from high school and college- which is a rarity for me since she's the only one I talk to from high school. So i should call her my only friend from high school and college. Kat has a 2 year old and a 6 week old so we had baby Elliot in the Ergo with me and Griffin rode on Kat's back. So our light hike wasn't exactly light. We made it to the top tough out of sheer willpower. Anna and Candy made it to the top as well which was amazing since Anna has ashma.
And what better way to reward yourself after a hike than a pizza buffet at The Rock. That night we continued in our grand tradition of Girl's Trips with wine, pixie sticks and mexican train dominos. Anna kicked all our asses.
Seattle proved to be a bit cold for me and my thin Arizona blood. I slept under 4 blankets, a comforter and in my sweatshirt the first night. I added a second comforter the second night and was a bit warmer.
Our second day of sunny, warm weather in Seattle we headed to Pikes Place market.
Anna and I started off the day with some fresh mini doughnuts. Ummm.

There was also a cheese festival going on so we got lots of fun cheese samples. I love looking at all the beautiful colors of spring in the flowers and the produce. Makes me want to start my own garden. Or not since I can't keep anything alive. I gave custody of my two plants over to my mom.
We headed to Red Mill Burgers on my recommendation after I saw it on Man vs Food. I am a sucker for onion rings and they were suppose to have great ones. Not so much. It was ok. Just ok. Epic fail MVF. We capped off the night with more wine and dominos. And the big bad Betsy won the day. Yesssssss.
On our last day it was finally raining after 3 days of sunshine. We sprang on the opportunity to have a lazy day at home. We rented some movies and hung out at the house. For dinner we headed to get Anna some seafood (barf) at Dukes Chowder House. I had chicken of course.
Anna and Candy headed back to Tucson the next day and i stayed behind to spend a day with the Spottswoods. Kat picked me up from the airport and we hung at the house for a while before going to meet Andrew for lunch. After lunch we took a scenic drive up to Squalcamie Falls (gosh I butchered the spelling).
It was a gorgeous 40 and rainy with freezing spray hitting you in the face. So that means that we didn't stay long.

We made some great Chicken Chile Soup for dinner and spent some quality time hanging out with Andrew, Griffin and Elliot.
The next day we went to Panera for lunch (my fav) and then it was back to the airport for me. I flew to Las Vegas to meet up with the one and only Captain James for dinner. We got to spend some quality time together in the Chili's before I headed back to Tucson. The Captain is growing some nastiness on his face that he's calling "Mustache May." It's really an awful, red growth on his face that I wish would go away sooner than later.
So now it's back to work for the next 10 days before I head off to Boulder City for the summer.
On our first full day it was sunny and beautiful. We decided to go for a "light" hike. Our tour guide Michelle took us to Mt. Peak where we met my friend from high school and college- which is a rarity for me since she's the only one I talk to from high school. So i should call her my only friend from high school and college. Kat has a 2 year old and a 6 week old so we had baby Elliot in the Ergo with me and Griffin rode on Kat's back. So our light hike wasn't exactly light. We made it to the top tough out of sheer willpower. Anna and Candy made it to the top as well which was amazing since Anna has ashma.
Seattle proved to be a bit cold for me and my thin Arizona blood. I slept under 4 blankets, a comforter and in my sweatshirt the first night. I added a second comforter the second night and was a bit warmer.
Our second day of sunny, warm weather in Seattle we headed to Pikes Place market.
Anna and I started off the day with some fresh mini doughnuts. Ummm.
There was also a cheese festival going on so we got lots of fun cheese samples. I love looking at all the beautiful colors of spring in the flowers and the produce. Makes me want to start my own garden. Or not since I can't keep anything alive. I gave custody of my two plants over to my mom.
We headed to Red Mill Burgers on my recommendation after I saw it on Man vs Food. I am a sucker for onion rings and they were suppose to have great ones. Not so much. It was ok. Just ok. Epic fail MVF. We capped off the night with more wine and dominos. And the big bad Betsy won the day. Yesssssss.
On our last day it was finally raining after 3 days of sunshine. We sprang on the opportunity to have a lazy day at home. We rented some movies and hung out at the house. For dinner we headed to get Anna some seafood (barf) at Dukes Chowder House. I had chicken of course.
Anna and Candy headed back to Tucson the next day and i stayed behind to spend a day with the Spottswoods. Kat picked me up from the airport and we hung at the house for a while before going to meet Andrew for lunch. After lunch we took a scenic drive up to Squalcamie Falls (gosh I butchered the spelling).
We made some great Chicken Chile Soup for dinner and spent some quality time hanging out with Andrew, Griffin and Elliot.
So now it's back to work for the next 10 days before I head off to Boulder City for the summer.

Comments