Hiking on Mt. Lemmon

First of all we had a great St. Patty's Day wearing our Irish shirts. Also, the day after St. Patty's I got 5 inches cut off my hair so this is the last photo with long(er) hair.

On our actual anniversary day I planned a hiking trip for us to Mt. Lemmon with a stop off for a treat afterwards. It was 86 when we left Tucson and a cool 60 when we arrived at the Butterfly Trail head.

As you can see there was still snow on the path as we started out. Brrrrr.

But as we hiked lower the snow melted and it got warmer. That goodness. James and I had already swapped shirts because his was a thermal and mine was just a t-shirt. You can see him hiking in too tight t-shirt above.

We thought we had it easy until we turned around- the way back was brutal and we both limped to the car ready to be done.

We then headed into Summerhaven for a stop at the Cookie Cabin. We got the big mixed cookie and it was delish. The ride back down the mountain proved a little too much for motion sick Betsy and we had to stop for some fresh air. I think I'm in denial about needed to take dramamine every time. I feel that I can somehow master the motion sickness and put mind over matter. Nope.

Comments

Kat said…
Y'all are too cute! Glad you had fun and the shirts are fantastic!

Popular Posts