Gem Show...checkmate
Another Gem Show in the bag for the Campbell's. Yea!
Working the Gem Show for us was a long week with long hours but worth it. Not only did I get some amazing stones at an amazing price but we earned some extra money to pay for fun stuff like tires, eye glasses and car registrations. Woohoo! For those on salaries you know its hard to make any extra money because no matter how many hours you work- the check is still the same. I seem to be on the losing end of that stick most of the time.
So here's what I ended up with! Yea!!! The top row is briolettes- drilled stones for earrings. The second row are all going to be rings....I like big ole rings. And the third row is an I have no idea row. In case anyone cares the names of the stones from the left Cornelian, dyed pink kelsydney, Cresaprese, black onyx, rudalated quartz and congac quartz- bottom row is all dyed kelsydney. And I don't even know if I'm spelling them right! My friend Candy also worked in another booth and we both bought quite a few stones- we're itching to get to the jeweler to get some of them set but stupid things like work are standing in our way.
So as you see- this guy had a little too much Gem Show fun! I've worked the Gem Show for the last two years and they have apparently been the slowest years ever. We spent a lot of time sitting around, chatting with my boss and eating but that allowed me to check my work email on my phone a bunch which eased my out-of-office-anxiety (I'm sick, I know). Its really funny to work with the general public- some of the looks you get are downright funny and some are just mean. I don't understand how some people operate. It was fun to see the different jewelry designers hanging around- I even got to see David Yurman. So all in all a fun week but my feet sure are sore. I'm used to rotting behind my desk all day, not standing and bending all day.
Working the Gem Show for us was a long week with long hours but worth it. Not only did I get some amazing stones at an amazing price but we earned some extra money to pay for fun stuff like tires, eye glasses and car registrations. Woohoo! For those on salaries you know its hard to make any extra money because no matter how many hours you work- the check is still the same. I seem to be on the losing end of that stick most of the time.
So here's what I ended up with! Yea!!! The top row is briolettes- drilled stones for earrings. The second row are all going to be rings....I like big ole rings. And the third row is an I have no idea row. In case anyone cares the names of the stones from the left Cornelian, dyed pink kelsydney, Cresaprese, black onyx, rudalated quartz and congac quartz- bottom row is all dyed kelsydney. And I don't even know if I'm spelling them right! My friend Candy also worked in another booth and we both bought quite a few stones- we're itching to get to the jeweler to get some of them set but stupid things like work are standing in our way.
So as you see- this guy had a little too much Gem Show fun! I've worked the Gem Show for the last two years and they have apparently been the slowest years ever. We spent a lot of time sitting around, chatting with my boss and eating but that allowed me to check my work email on my phone a bunch which eased my out-of-office-anxiety (I'm sick, I know). Its really funny to work with the general public- some of the looks you get are downright funny and some are just mean. I don't understand how some people operate. It was fun to see the different jewelry designers hanging around- I even got to see David Yurman. So all in all a fun week but my feet sure are sore. I'm used to rotting behind my desk all day, not standing and bending all day.
But now it's back to the regular job for a marathon of pain known as working 13 days straight. Don't expect me to surface much this week :)

Comments