Minnesota and Mini Sombreros

I recently got to take a trip up to see some of my relatives in Minnesota for a quick Mother's Day trip. We went to see my Nana and celebrated Mother's Day/My aunts birthday. We almost didn't make it all together since my mom booked herself on the wrong flight but perseverance won! She made it onto the earlier flight due to some unhappy passengers stuck in weather elsewhere. It was quite a temperature shock to go from the high 90's to the low 50's. A trip to H&M snapped my out of my temperature coma real quick.
I also got to see one of my fav people ever, my cousin Megan. Megan and I like to take pictures together but we are rarely happy with how they look. This is one of five million that we took that weekend. Just a little wind and a little squint but other than that... good. After spending some quality time with the relatives we can away with some very good life lessons.
A) No one wants a child named Ferd the Turd
B) Aunt Paula really likes the name Paul
C) Aunt Lizzie really likes the name Lillianna
D) Both Megan and I would have been named Andrew if we were boys.
E) No one is pregnant so not quite sure why we had this conversation. I repeat NO one.
Megan and I are going to party down in September at my cousin Claire's Bat Mitzvah. I am bringing all of my Hebrew knowledge back into play from Mason's....as referenced in previous blog postings. I'm going to be fluent before I know it.

I know most people will think I am a sick, sick person but things like mini sombreros make me happy. This was a gift from my mom from Rocky Point. Toulouse was so happy to have a new piece of clothing that he couldn't stand it. It fits him to perfection. I am absolutely sure that the Mexican street vendors made their mini sombreros for this purpose alone. Ah happiness.

Comments

Popular Posts