Shiny, glittery goodness
Some of you may have thought I fell of the map as of late but no, I've just been working the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show for the last week. It was a lot of work and a lot of fun. I worked for a gem dealer out of New York who was just the greatest. He was so nice and generous, it was really a blessing to have him fall in my lap. He even put in some time to teach me about all the different types of stones and cuts and stuff (I can identify all the stones in the above picture and comment on the cut). It was great to finally earn some money other than unemployment and get out of the house. It was long hours fueled by lots of chai lattes (Thanks Aunt Lizzie!) and dealing with the general public (not always fun).Now that the Gem Show is over I am back at the job hunting. Not too much on the horizon. I had a horrible interview on Tuesday and there is just not that much out there right now. James and I went over our finances the other day and we will be totally fine for another 7 months. It is just so amazing to see how God just lined everything up for us to deal with this hard time. We had just finished paying off our credit card and some huge medical bills from my allergic reaction when I lost my job. We also seem to have so much more money now than when I did have a job! It is amazing what you can cut out of your life with minimal effort, although it is hard to have not even stepped foot in the mall in 6 weeks, but it can be done.
So no major news outside that. I'm still working on some freelance work for a client of the agencies. Hopefully that will come through and I can make some money working events. Oh and I've been yaking on my phone so much now that I'm home all day I am officially out of daytime minutes... so call me after 7 pm my time! Or text, I respond well to text. I even have gotten my mom on the text train!

Comments
there is a company out there looking for "bitter" greeting card messages. maybe you could channel your frustrations and make some money with them.