September/October Update
I'm going to use the "I'm so pregnant" excuse for our family update being late. It's true
As you can see here- so pregnant. I'm 35 weeks right now and cruising along toward the finish. Momma and baby boy are doing just lovely. Bee is dealing with the expanding belly with grace. She prefers to sit on top of it instead of on my disappearing hips most of the time. As long as she gets her snuggles and mommy time she's happy. Although she increasingly demands I sit on the floor with her instead of on the couch or my exercise ball. Then I just can't get back up. I am perplexed as to why we are experiencing a heat wave here in Arizona. As you can see we're still in shorts and t-shirts. I officially hate everything that both Bee and I own. I've seen it too many times. Fall will get here soon and I will not be jealous of everyone buried in snow or freezing sleet so I must be patient.
In updates on The James- the man, the myth, the legend in our home- he's actually been home more lately! Huzzah! He's doing less overtime and more house projects. I think the these are his nesting moments. He's seeded the backyard with winter grass, completed a garage sale and is working on repairing the stucco on our house. I swear he must regret the day I found out he was handy because now he's a master of everything. He's even learning how to weld and I've already commissioned a new security gate from him once he's amazing at it like I know he will be.
When James is at work on his dreaded 7 days of 12 hour day shifts, little Bee and I like to make the drive down to St. David on the free Sunday afternoon. Bee just adores James' helicopter and requests to Facetime with it every day he's at work. She had the best time visiting James and she misses him so much when he's at work. It was beautiful weather and she just ran laps around the helicopter pad for 2 1/2 hours. She even worked up the nerve to sit in the helicopter for 15 seconds. She didn't remember how big it was in person so it made her a little nervous.
Almost 2 year old Bee! I can't believe she's almost 2. I love and hate how she's growing up so quick.
Quick facts:
* Bee is starting Parent's Day Out at the church 2 days after she turns 2. I'm thrilled for her and nervous at the same time!
* Needs ocean noises to fall asleep now even though she hasn't had a sound machine in a year. I blame the neighbor and his Harley. I'm just pregnant enough to march across the street if he gratuitously revs that thing too many times.
* Bee now sits at the table like a big girl in a booster seat and eats off a big girl plate. She's thrilled and if she doesn't see her plate coming out of the cabinet she will remind you to get it.
*Still no real dairy in her life. I do admit to feeding her some of my pizza that I've scraped off almost all the cheese on. She's still on reflux meds. And allergy meds too. She's her Daddy's Daughter.
* Her favorite restaurant is "Pashlootle" aka Chipotle. Asks for it almost every day. I almost hang my head in shame when we enter because they know us so well.
The highlight of Bee's life to date in her mind was going to see "Princesses" aka Disney on Ice. It's been two weeks and she's still talking about it. She was thrilled to get to wear a tutu and a pink headband. It was full on toddler combat the entire hour we stayed. We left at intermission because Mommy was flat exhausted- don't tell Bee. I brought Nana with us because I'm not insane enough or stupid enough to go alone (James was working and he really was sad to miss it. He's that amazing that he really wanted to go.) The best thing about Nana coming for this pregnant momma can be summed up in one word- helpful. I never realized the significance of this word until lately- bless you Momma!-but back to the skating stuffed characters. Of course there was dancing and clapping and yelling "Yayyyyyyyyyyyy" and on the seat/off the seat shenanigans and general glee. All of it was worth it to see her little face. She was just in awe. Now she's never seen a Disney movie of any kind but she has a couple toys. I swear its just osmosis for little girls and she loved it.
As you can see here- so pregnant. I'm 35 weeks right now and cruising along toward the finish. Momma and baby boy are doing just lovely. Bee is dealing with the expanding belly with grace. She prefers to sit on top of it instead of on my disappearing hips most of the time. As long as she gets her snuggles and mommy time she's happy. Although she increasingly demands I sit on the floor with her instead of on the couch or my exercise ball. Then I just can't get back up. I am perplexed as to why we are experiencing a heat wave here in Arizona. As you can see we're still in shorts and t-shirts. I officially hate everything that both Bee and I own. I've seen it too many times. Fall will get here soon and I will not be jealous of everyone buried in snow or freezing sleet so I must be patient.
In updates on The James- the man, the myth, the legend in our home- he's actually been home more lately! Huzzah! He's doing less overtime and more house projects. I think the these are his nesting moments. He's seeded the backyard with winter grass, completed a garage sale and is working on repairing the stucco on our house. I swear he must regret the day I found out he was handy because now he's a master of everything. He's even learning how to weld and I've already commissioned a new security gate from him once he's amazing at it like I know he will be.
When James is at work on his dreaded 7 days of 12 hour day shifts, little Bee and I like to make the drive down to St. David on the free Sunday afternoon. Bee just adores James' helicopter and requests to Facetime with it every day he's at work. She had the best time visiting James and she misses him so much when he's at work. It was beautiful weather and she just ran laps around the helicopter pad for 2 1/2 hours. She even worked up the nerve to sit in the helicopter for 15 seconds. She didn't remember how big it was in person so it made her a little nervous.
Almost 2 year old Bee! I can't believe she's almost 2. I love and hate how she's growing up so quick.
Quick facts:
* Bee is starting Parent's Day Out at the church 2 days after she turns 2. I'm thrilled for her and nervous at the same time!
* Needs ocean noises to fall asleep now even though she hasn't had a sound machine in a year. I blame the neighbor and his Harley. I'm just pregnant enough to march across the street if he gratuitously revs that thing too many times.
* Bee now sits at the table like a big girl in a booster seat and eats off a big girl plate. She's thrilled and if she doesn't see her plate coming out of the cabinet she will remind you to get it.
*Still no real dairy in her life. I do admit to feeding her some of my pizza that I've scraped off almost all the cheese on. She's still on reflux meds. And allergy meds too. She's her Daddy's Daughter.
* Her favorite restaurant is "Pashlootle" aka Chipotle. Asks for it almost every day. I almost hang my head in shame when we enter because they know us so well.
The highlight of Bee's life to date in her mind was going to see "Princesses" aka Disney on Ice. It's been two weeks and she's still talking about it. She was thrilled to get to wear a tutu and a pink headband. It was full on toddler combat the entire hour we stayed. We left at intermission because Mommy was flat exhausted- don't tell Bee. I brought Nana with us because I'm not insane enough or stupid enough to go alone (James was working and he really was sad to miss it. He's that amazing that he really wanted to go.) The best thing about Nana coming for this pregnant momma can be summed up in one word- helpful. I never realized the significance of this word until lately- bless you Momma!-but back to the skating stuffed characters. Of course there was dancing and clapping and yelling "Yayyyyyyyyyyyy" and on the seat/off the seat shenanigans and general glee. All of it was worth it to see her little face. She was just in awe. Now she's never seen a Disney movie of any kind but she has a couple toys. I swear its just osmosis for little girls and she loved it.

Comments