The Beach Called

We had a stellar little long weekend down in Mexico with my Mom and Peter last weekend. We left on Thursday night and came back Sunday but it was entirely too quick! It's hard not to want to take a whole week off to go but alas, we can't do that all the time!

The weather on Friday was amazing- sunny and low 70's perfect walking around weather.

A little post afternoon nap walk is always in order. Especially after going to El Capitan and gorging ones self on guacamole and tacos. James was trying to get some sun on his white skin but I'm not sure how that worked out for him. I just accept the white and move on with having near translucent skin.
We had just the perfect lazy afternoon on Friday sitting and people watching in front of the house.
Saturday was cooler for most of the day so we stayed inside, read magazines, puttered around and I watched Fast Five for the 18th time. And then it was Sunday which was leaving day! It always comes too soon.

We returned home in good time despite being at a border patrol check point for a good 30 minutes only to roll up and have the guy ask us if we had anyone in our trunk. Seriously. I really wanted to tell him that his mom was in our trunk but decided that would be a great way to get a full cavity search performed on sassy little me. So I kept my trap shut.

James hauled me off the couch a mere 5 minutes after I plunked down on it to go through some more boxes that have been in the spare room. He's a good motivator and we got a LOT done. House pictures to come after we get the last few bits done and up!
The wind started to kick up on Friday late afternoon and poor James ended up grilling steaks in almost hurricane winds..... the picture doesn't even do it justice on how miserable he was. But the steaks were great!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Fun pictures! I wish we were there! Sigh. Just got home...I may haul Peter off for a pedicure since we never called Juanita! Thanks for all you did to make it a great trip!!!

Popular Posts