Kitty Separation Anxiety?

So I think I've tracked down the reason that I get annoyed with my cat every week.

This right here...... is the answer to my ailing cats behavior......

He misses his poppa. He loves curling up on the hairy man arm and snuggling. He loves that James almost crushes his poor orange body while petting him.... with his foot. He loves that James makes me laugh by having Toulouse do a choreographed fat kitty dance to the song from Rio similar to the Truffle Shuffle.

I think Tou has some separation anxiety from the ole Captain James. He gets really vocal about his love after James leaves. And looks out the door after I come home like there should be another body following me in the door. Oh the disappointment.

I know how he feels, of course, but you don't see my throwing myself on the floor and crying. That's really basically what our cat does. Even the spray bottle therapy can't cure his ailing heart with a James size hole in it.

Now that I know that his diagnosis clearly is kitty separation anxiety I'm trying to go light on him when he turns into a monster after James leaves. I continue to be miffed that I don't think he would throw such a snit fit if I disappeared for a week. Moving on from that we stand united in our siren call for the Captain to pilot himself back to Tucson. We are taking applications for a full time position.... just so ya know.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
We're ALL waiting impatiently for the Captain to return to Tucson for good! Fingers crossed!

Popular Posts