Moving is Fun
Moving is fun.... or not.
I hate to move. And we move ALL. THE. TIME.
We moved into our Tucson place over the holiday weekend. I'm just coming up for air now. I have pictures of Toulouse's grand odyssey on the plane but i can't find the camera. Most likely it's in my cavernous purse but oh well.
We got everything in the house with the help of some lovely friends and of course, some guilt ridden family. It's all in here right now but not totally organized. I had great motivation the first couple days but now that I'm back at work all motivation is lost. Hopefully this weekend it will come back.
We had a grand fight with the cable company because I hate them. And after my vicious negotiating we got a decent rate. I decided I didn't want to pay for the professional install so I was going to do it by myself. Me. And I mean just me. Pilot James is off at work. Figures. So I pick up the self install kit at the cable company and go to work. It doesn't work. I get a fuzzy screen all night long. And then I decide to call the help line- but to do so i have to lock the cat in the back bedroom and open the porch door to hang outside to get reception. So ghetto. So after all the help line help that 3 very non-interested people in Malaysia can give I finally set up an appointment for someone to come.
Just to prove that I'm not an idiot I fiddle with the stuff for a while longer and satisfy myself that I have done everything I know how. And low and behold the cable guy comes the next day and wait for it.... they didn't turn it on outside. Even thought they told me they did. And it gets better- the cable guy slips me his number on his way out......even though I mentioned my husband at least 4 times in our conversation. All in the attempt to make sure he knows I have on and doesn't come murder me at night. Maybe he took that as a sign ...... I'm just really not sure.
I hate to move. And we move ALL. THE. TIME.
We moved into our Tucson place over the holiday weekend. I'm just coming up for air now. I have pictures of Toulouse's grand odyssey on the plane but i can't find the camera. Most likely it's in my cavernous purse but oh well.
We got everything in the house with the help of some lovely friends and of course, some guilt ridden family. It's all in here right now but not totally organized. I had great motivation the first couple days but now that I'm back at work all motivation is lost. Hopefully this weekend it will come back.
We had a grand fight with the cable company because I hate them. And after my vicious negotiating we got a decent rate. I decided I didn't want to pay for the professional install so I was going to do it by myself. Me. And I mean just me. Pilot James is off at work. Figures. So I pick up the self install kit at the cable company and go to work. It doesn't work. I get a fuzzy screen all night long. And then I decide to call the help line- but to do so i have to lock the cat in the back bedroom and open the porch door to hang outside to get reception. So ghetto. So after all the help line help that 3 very non-interested people in Malaysia can give I finally set up an appointment for someone to come.
Just to prove that I'm not an idiot I fiddle with the stuff for a while longer and satisfy myself that I have done everything I know how. And low and behold the cable guy comes the next day and wait for it.... they didn't turn it on outside. Even thought they told me they did. And it gets better- the cable guy slips me his number on his way out......even though I mentioned my husband at least 4 times in our conversation. All in the attempt to make sure he knows I have on and doesn't come murder me at night. Maybe he took that as a sign ...... I'm just really not sure.
Comments